Tuesday, March 8, 2011

12 Days till Spring

Upcoming trends for this season. My likes and dislikes.
That 70's Show on repeat: high-rise bell bottoms, floppy hats, boho blouses, fringe accents, and big retro sunnies. Obviously I'm super super excited to start dressing like Jackie and Donna and can't wait to get my first floppy hat. (denimology) (Asos) (January Jones in JBrand's Bette high-rise wide leg)
 
 
 
 Flatforms: So I'm not too big of a fan of these other than I know my feet would appreciate a pain-free shoe. Some are less hideous than others, maybe it will be one of those trends I slowly start to love.




Color Blocking: Bright and many colors will be showing up soon. My closet lacks all color and this trend is going to be hard for me to work it in. I'll probably start with bright tops, maybe accent my neutrals with some bright accessories (I wish I could afford this gorgeous Marc by Marc Jacobs bag). I'm in love with the Man Repeller blog as are the almost 5,000 followers on bloglovin'. In one of her recent posts she shows how color-blocking works and adds items to turn it into a man repeller. She pulls off these purple Cynthia Rowley shorts paired with an Equipment blouse in Sangria. 
(Refinery29, spring trends) (TheManRepeller, A Lesson in Color Blocking) (MARC BY MARC JACOBS Bianca Leather Clutch)
 
 
 
Head Wraps/Turbans: This is a dislike for me. I just can't imagine many people pulling this off. Not only would I be worried about it staying on my head and looking good, I'm going to assume your head will get pretty warm in the spring sun. (Milly) (Urban Outfitters)





Long Lengths: I'm not too big on full skirts but I adore Calvin Klein's spring line including below-the-knee skirts and stunning neutrals. The one long form dress that I definitely plan on splurging on as soon as my cc will allow it, is this Wildfox Couture Tigerlily Sequin Maxi Dress. I can't say no to tribal-inspired + Wildfox dress.
(Calvin Klein Spring Line) (Brochu Walker) (Swank Boutique, Tigerlily Sequin Maxi Dress)

See you in 12 days Spring, hopefully Chicago's weather will warm up sooner than expected.


- Viktoria



No comments:

Post a Comment